Institute for Translational Research Education in Adolescent Drug Abuse (ITRE)
The Institute for Translational Research Education in Adolescent Drug Abuse is supported by the National Institute on Drug Abuse of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number R25DA031103. The Institute is a collaboration between the Department of Child & Family Studies at the USF College of Behavioral & Community Sciences, the Center for Health Equity Research at Northern Arizona University, and the Department of Community & Family Health at the USF College of Public Health.
|Unique Funded Research Training Opportunity Available!
ITRE invites graduate students and working professionals with a Master's degree (or in a doctoral degree program) to apply for a fully paid 15 credit Graduate Certificate Program in Translational Research in Adolescent Behavioral Health.
Welcome to the Institute for Translational Research Education in Adolescent Drug Abuse (ITRE) website! At the Institute, we are excited to offer student scholars a one-of-a-kind education and training program in translational research in adolescent drug abuse.
Scholars of the Institute benefit from:
- A team of mentors comprised of local community agency leaders, academic specialists and national experts in the field of adolescent behavioral health.
- Learning experiences provided from web-based graduate courses and participation in the Annual Research & Policy Conference on Child, Adolescent, and Young Adult Behavioral Health.
- Experience conducting a service learning research project in a community-based setting relevant to alcohol and drug abuse, as well as other behavioral health issues in adolescents.
- Exposure to the latest science and nationally recognized experts in alcohol and drug abuse, comorbidities, and translational science.
- Funding for course credits and related program activities.
We look forward to sharing the work of our Institute scholars!
Dr. Tom Massey
Multiple Principal Investigator & Evaluation Director
Dr. Bruce Lubotsky Levin
Multiple Principal Investigator & Curriculum Director
Dr. Julie Baldwin
Multiple Principal Investigator & Health Equity Director
Dr. Donna Burton
Research Support Specialist