Master of Arts
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in upper level division undergraduate study. Applicants with GPA’s below 3.0 must submit Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores taken within the last 5 years.
- Have goals and career plans that are related to field of adult education.
- Obtain favorable recommendations from the Department Chairperson and the College of Education's Director for Graduate Student Academic Services (no additional action needed; department facilitates upon admission consideration).
How to apply:
- Apply online through USF Graduate Admissions.
- Submit one original, sealed copy of undergraduate and graduate-level (if applicable) transcripts to the USF Office of Graduate Admissions. Previous USF graduates do not need to submit transcripts of USF coursework.
- Submit GRE scores, if needed.
Submit the following items to the academic support specialist: Lisa Adkins
- Submit two letters of recommendation stating that the candidate has the potential to successfully complete a master's degree program.
- Submit a goal statement indicating the perceived relationship between the applicant's career plans and the attainment of this specific master's degree program.
The admission committee MAY offer students the opportunity to begin their program as a non-degree student prior to official admission. Fifty percent of coursework may be either transferred in from an accredited university with program coordinators prior approval and/or courses taken at USF.
Please note that completing courses as a non-degree student does not guarantee admission to the program and admissions criteria and/or course requirements are subject to change. For more information on non-degree seeking visit the Office of the Registrar.