Doctor of Philosophy - Higher Education
In order to be admitted to the Ph.D. program, a student will need to meet the following requirements:
- a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 (B)
- positioned on the upper division portion of the baccalaureate degree or a grade point average of 3.5 at the master's level and a minimum GRE score of 1,000 (quantitative and verbal)
- a Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
Strongly Recommended Professional Experience:
- one+ years of relevant work experience in higher education.
In addition, students need to submit the following information directly to the department when they apply for admission to the program:
- a vita or a resume
- a personal statement describing the student's professional goals and why he or she is applying to the program
- three letters of recommendation from references familiar with the student's academic and/or professional abilities.
The preferred method of submitting your application's Personal Goal Statements, Vita/Resumes, and Letters of Recommendation is to email them to Lisa Adkins.
Note: Please have your recommender put your name and program in the subject line.