The Office of Veterans Services provides specialized programs and services to over 2,000 veterans, eligible dependents, active duty servicepersons, and members of the Selected Reserve here on the USF campus. We are a one-stop shop for anything that you, a student veteran, may need.
Although we also assist dependents, our main goal is to help veterans in whatever capacity necessary so that you can succeed with your educational and career goals. This may include helping with admission to the school, navigating VA benefits, graduating, or finding employment opportunities.
To help ensure your success, here are some of the services offered by our department:
- Assistance with submission of VA Education Benefits.
- On-campus liaison with the VA and USF departments who assist veterans as they navigate
the university system.
- Guidance regarding educational benefits eligibility and assistance with VA/USF forms
- Got Your Six program that educates faculty and staff about the student veteran transition
experience and help them thrive on campus.
- Provide scholarship opportunities through our partnership with the Pat Tillman Foundation
Military Scholarship Program.
- Programs and services that support student veterans with PTSD, TBI, and other war
related injuries; also help veterans obtain on-campus services through Students with
- Conduct events and programs that connect veterans and build relationships with campus
and the community, including employment information sessions to connect veterans with
- Specialized services and programs through the VA's VetSuccess on Campus program, conveniently
provided by a VA employee who operates out of our office.
- Provides a veteran-only three (3) credit, upper-level elective course (Veteran Integration Course - SLS 3407) that assists veterans transition from the military to the classroom.
The Office of Veterans Services is here to serve you during your time with USF. Allow us to help you graduate and move on to other great things!