IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE: The University’s top priority is the safety of all of our visitors and event attendees. During our modified Phase II, all meetings and events should continue to be held virtually. Limited exceptions may be considered and must be reviewed in advance by the USF COVID-19 Task Force. Please email FM-ServiceCenter@usf.edu with more information about your exemption request. Please continue to monitor this page for more information as the University moves through our phased reopening plan. We anticipate limited events will be allowed during Phase III after review and approval by the COVID-19 Task Force. For more information on how the University is responding to COVID-19, please check the USF Coronavirus Updates page at www.usf.edu/coronavirus.
The Service Center is responsible for evaluating each event request, determining the various entities that will be affected by the activity and getting feedback and/or approval from those affected, interpreting policies and procedures for customers, approving requests, and following up on each activity. The primary objective is to help customers have a successful event that is safe for all participants and protects University property.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All event requests must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event for review and approval. If further information is requested and not provided at least 5 business days prior to your event, your request will be denied. If a request is submitted less than 30 days before your event, the request will be denied.
For parking accommodations, please visit Parking and Transportation Services Event Parking. You will receive a separate confirmation e-mail for these requests.
For tables/chairs/disposable trash bins, please fill out the Administrative Services Business Center's Work Authorization Rental & Labor Services Request Form.
Events are defined as and may include or meet the following criteria:
A scheduled activity open for the public to attend or participate including but not limited to exhibitions, expositions, fairs, festivals, entertainment, cause-related, fundraising, leisure activity. An activity that is advertised to the public by any communication means including social media that is not limited to the USF community is considered an event. An event may be a one-time or periodic, free or ticketed, educational, charitable or communication related hosted to attract revenue, support, awareness, and/or provide entertainment created by and/or for the public that will require review to ensure appropriate allocation of university business, resources, and personnel as required for the safe operation and mission of the university.
- Outdoor events including walks, races, parades, concerts, etc.
- Potential for presence of press/media (invited or otherwise)
- Advertised beyond USF’s campus
- Potential for high attendance/capacity
- Presence of alcohol
- Potential for significant disruption
- Security concerns on the part of the recognized student group, advisers, or guest
- Potential significant impacts to parking
What You Need To Know:
- Review the Event Safety Manual.
- Events may not be advertised prior to event approval.
- Should your event require table and/or chair rental, or disposable trash receptacles, please complete a Work Authorization Rental & Labor Services Request Form referencing the name and date of your event.
- Include set up and clean up times (needed to ensure arrangements can be made to pick up tables/chairs/trashcans and clean the area).
- Should your event require parking accommodations, please visit usf.edu/eventparking. The Event Parking Request is a separate process from the Facilities Management Event Request process.
- The Service Center does not assist with room, space, or venue reservations. Scheduling and securing space is the responsibility of the event organizer.
- Please include a rain site location. A Severe Weather Contingency Plan template can be found at usf.edu/em/planning.
- We ask that event request be submitted at least 30 days prior to event for review and approval. To avoid delays, please complete the Event Request in its entirety. Provide all relevant event details and include any additional information for consideration. If further information is requested and not provided at least 5 business days prior to your event, your request will be denied.
- In the event of damages or other costs directly related to the execution of this event (i.e., clean up, etc.) the applicant agrees to be responsible for any and all charges; otherwise, a security deposit as specified by Facilities Management will be required.
If Your Event Is Denied:
Our goal is to ensure a successful event that is safe for all participants and protects University property. If your event request is denied, we will make every effort to work with you toward reaching an acceptable alternative so your event may continue. Having an event that has not been approved or has been denied places responsibility for personal and property liability on the event organizer.