Public Safety Resources
USF has several public safety features available for student, staff, and faculty use while on campus. If you have questions regarding these resources, please review our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Statement of Support.
MoBull Messenger is part of the USF Emergency Notifications System that allows you to receive emergency updates via text message. All official USF emergency notifications will be sent out through MoBull. Faculty, staff, and students are urged to sign up.
To register or update your contact information follow these instructions:
- Login to NetID Account Services web site using your NetID.
- Click Update Emergency Notification Settings.
- Follow instructions to opt in, provide mobile phone number and select campus locations for alerts.
- Click Submit.
RAVE Guardian App
The RAVE Guardian app has several features that allow users to turn a smartphone into a mobile safety device.
- Guardian will easily allow you to set a "precautionary timer" within the app as you travel from one area of the Tampa campus to another. The timer is set as you leave a location and is canceled by the user through the app within in a specified amount of time when you arrive at your destination. The app will provide you reminder notifications to cancel the timer prior to the expiration. If the timer does not get canceled and expires, University Police will be alerted and are provided with critical profile information and a physical location via GPS so that they may assist you.
- Guardian also allows users to submit anonymous crime tips and photos to the University Police. In the app select 'Emergency' and then 'Send a Tip'. University Police will be able to correspond with you through the app.
- Users can input personal information into their Smart911 profile within the app. This provides emergency responders with critical personal information about the subscriber when 911 is dialed from the subscribers cell phone.
You must subscribe to MoBull Messenger prior to signing up for Guardian (instructions are in the previous section). To setup Guardian follow these instructions:
- Go to RAVE Guardian Profile (login using your NetID).
- Click REGISTER YOUR PHONE.
- Click link: "Click here to resend your code"; enter the code you receive in the space provided and CONFIRM.
- Follow instructions on screen to complete sign up and provide additional details about yourself.
* This service is currently only available for USF Tampa and can only be used while on campus.
EyeWitness allows registered USF Tampa MoBull users (students, faculty and staff) the ability to send anonymous crime tips and reports to the University Police via text messaging.
Eyewitness offers tipster’s anonymity and is also beneficial to be used in situations where discretion is required and calling 911 may place the tipster in danger. University Police can continue to communicate with the tipster via text messaging.
You may send tips to USF Tampa Police using the following methods:
- In the RAVE Guardian app select 'Emergency' and then 'Send a Tip'. You may also send photos along with the report when sent through the Guardian app.
- In the USF app select 'Campus Safety' then 'Tampa Services' and 'Submit EyeWitness Tips'. You must add 'USFTip' to the beginning of the message to ensure it is routed appropriately.
- Via text message, type: USFTIP - space - your message. Then send to 67283. Save this number in your phone for easy access.
* This service is currently only available on the Tampa campus. Please note standard text messaging rates apply based on your individual plan.