Teaching & Research
CoTA Faculty Research Grants
Applications for the USF College of The Arts' Faculty Research Grants are open in the Fall and Spring semesters each year. Grant recipients are selected after review by the College of The Arts Research Committee.
Application Procedure Deadlines
October 17, 2018
Submit electronic and hard copy application to Marysia Lopez email@example.com
(College Office will circulate to Directors for review and signature)
October 24, 2018
Director review and signing complete. Unit Director submits the signed original to FAH 110 Associate Dean's office.
New applicants are encouraged to review examples of CoTA funded grant proposals from previous funding cycles. Abstracts are available online.
The applicant must be a full-or part-time, tenured or tenure-earning, faculty member in any of the CoTA units. Non-tenure earning faculty are eligible if their position assignment includes responsibility for conducting independent research. Once awarded, the applicant is not eligible to apply in the next funding cycle (does not apply to the CoTA Summer Grant Program).
- Special consideration will be given to proposals submitted by tenure-earning faculty.
Awards are in support of:
These funds have been designated to support continuing faculty members in their professional development, particularly in activities occurring outside of the University that are related to research. Consideration for the distribution of funds will be given to proposals that:
- assist the College in achieving its Strategic Goals.
- have the greatest potential to have significance to the respective discipline.
- are clearly part of a research and creative activity agenda of the faculty member.
- are receiving support from other sources (e.g. a School, the Office of Research, County Arts Council, etc.).
- additionally are submitted to other agencies and granting entities.
- support faculty travel to professional meetings/conferences/etc. to present scholarly and creative research.
- are challenging but have realistic budgets that are provided in detail.
- Special consideration will be given to tenure earning faculty proposals.
- The applicant must meet all Eligibility Requirements.
- The proposal must meet the conditions set forth in the definition of Research Grants.
- The application form and any supplemental materials must be completed and submitted by the application deadline as indicated above.
- Funds must be used as outlined in the grant proposal/acceptance notification.
- Awardees from the previous cycle are ineligible to apply for this cycle
- Only one project per individual may be submitted
- Requests for international travel support, that meet the appropriate criteria, should also be applied for through the USF Office of Research, Internal Awards program or other internal/external sources.
- If applying with an ongoing research project that has already been awarded this grant, please provide a brief status report of the project with the new application for the current cycle. Submit a final summary report no later than the conclusion of the designated funding cycle to the Associate Dean's Office.
- Read the Full Grant Guideline before applying.
$1,000 per application
Please direct questions to Barton Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or (813) 974-2320.