Online Master of Business Administration
Business Foundations Courses (16 Credit Hours)
Students accepted to the MBA program are expected to have a common body of business knowledge. Therefore, students must complete business foundation courses before progressing into the MBA curriculum. If a student has an undergraduate business degree from a regionally accredited institution, the student may request to waive foundation courses taken within the last seven years.
Business Decision Making
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership (2 Credit Hours)
- Management Information Systems (2 Credit Hours)
- Accounting Concepts for Managers (3 Credit Hours)
- Financial Management (2 Credit Hours)
- Managerial Decision Analysis (2 Credit Hours)
- Marketing Management (2 Credits)
- Introduction to Economic Concepts for Managers (3 Credit Hours)
Core Courses (17 Credit Hours)
Advanced core courses are required for every MBA student. No exceptions are granted.
- Operations Management and Quality Enhancement (2 Credit Hours)
- Leadership/Management Concepts (2 Credit Hours)
- Social, Ethical, Legal Systems (2 Credit Hours)
- Communication Skills for Managers (2 Credit Hours)
- Financial Analysis (2 Credit Hours)
- Strategic Business Analysis (2 Credit Hours)
- Data Analytics for Business (2 Credit Hours)
- Capstone Course (3 Credit Hours)
Electives (15 Credit Hours)
Students take five graduate-level business electives to complete MBA requirements. Some students pursue a concentration in cybersecurity, data analytics or compliance, risk and anti-money laundering. Other students select a unique combination of business and other graduate courses to create their own profile of special expertise.
- Cybersecurity (Graduate Certificate also available here)
- Data Analytics (Graduate Certificate also available here)
- Compliance, Risk and Anti-Money Laundering (Graduate Certificate also available here)
Practicum Option (3 Credit Hours)
The practicum option requires investigation of business issues. The project typically occurs in the student's place of employment and is jointly supervised by a faculty member and a manager in the company. Three credits could be earned by taking one of the following: ACG 6905, FIN 6906, ISM 6905, GEB 6117, MAR 6907, or MAN 6905 as part of the practicum option. The practicum option would count for three hours of MBA electives. The practicum course option can start at anytime during the semester with the appropriate approval.
The USF Online MBA Residency Program is designed to help you succeed in our program and beyond. At the beginning of your first semester, you will attend a mandatory, three-day, on-campus orientation that will allow you to network with your peers, meet our world-class faculty and visit with industry leaders. You will also attend a mandatory, three-day, on-campus visit at the end of your last semester, where you will present your final project and attend graduation.