Faculty & Staff
Dr. D. Yogi Goswami
Distinguished Univeristy PRofessor OF CHEMICAL, BIOLOGICAL, AND MATERIALS ENGINEERING
Phone: (813) 974-0956
Honors & Awards
ASME Safety Codes and Standards Medal, May 2021
- Engineer of The Year Award, American Society of Engineers of Indian Origin (ASEI), December 2020
- COVID-19 Innovation Award, BioFlorida, October 2020
- Member, Academy of Science, Engineering and Medicine of Florida, 2020
- Honorary Member, ASME International, 2019
- Lifetime Achievement Award, USF College of Engineering, April 2019
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Delhi Technological University Alumni Association, March 2019
- Joan Hodges Queneau Palladium Medal for environmental conservation
- Global Visionary Award, University of South Florida, 2017
- Karl Böer Award for Solar Energy (2016)
- Florida Inventors Hall of Fame (2016)
- Fellow, International Solar Energy Society (ISES), 2015.
- Distinguished Professor, Institute for Advanced Discovery and Innovation, USF (2014-2019)
- Fellow, American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), 2013.
- Charter Fellow, National Academy of Inventors (NAI), 2012.
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), 2011.
- Special Service Award, International Solar Energy Society (ISES), 2011.
- Outstanding Research Achievement Award, University of South Florida, 2008 and 2011.
- Member, Pan American Academy of Engineering (PAAE), 2009
- Solar Hall of Fame, 1993
Education & Training
Ph.D.: Mechanical Engineering, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama
M.S.: Mechanical Engineering, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama
B.S.: Mechanical Engineering, University of Delhi, Delhi, India
Research Overview: USF Clean Energy Research Center
The Clean Energy Research Center pursues scientific research, technical and infrastructure development, and information transfer in new and environmentally clean energy systems, including solar energy and energy conversion. Major research areas include the following:
- Concentrating solar power
- Photocatalytic detoxification/disinfection technologies
- Indoor air quality
- Smart materials (Thermochromics and Electrochromics)
- Building energy modeling (BEM)
- Design of solar plants on reclaimed land
- Energy storage (phase change materials, thermal storage, batteries, supercapacitors)
- New efficient thermodynamic cycles
- Solar water desalination and distillation
Dr. D. Yogi Goswami is a Distinguished University Professor and Director of the Clean Energy Research Center at the University of South Florida. He is also a Co-Founder and Chief Science and Technology Advisor of Molekule, Inc. Dr. Goswami has conducted research over the last 45 years on solar energy, energy storage, thermodynamics and indoor air quality (IAQ). He has published as an author or editor 22 books and more than 400 scientific papers. He is Editor-in-chief Emeritus of the preeminent scientific journal Solar Energy. Dr. Goswami is a recipient of the highest energy related awards of ASME, ASES, ISES and AAES and more than 50 other awards and certificates from major engineering and scientific societies. Dr. Goswami is a Fellow of AAAS, ASHRAE, ASES, ISES and the National Academy of Inventors. He is a Honorary Member of ASME. He also holds 31 patents and has been inducted in the Florida Inventors Hall of Fame. His invention of Photo-electrochemical oxidation (PECO) technology for air purification, which is commercially available as Molekule, was picked as one of the 25 best inventions by Time magazine in 2017.