Council on Faculty Issues
The Council on Faculty Issues advises the Provost and the Senior Vice President for USF Health or their designees on matters that influence the personal and professional welfare of the faculty, to include evaluation of the performance of faculty and administrators.
The Council is responsible for the following:
- Examining and/or initiating policies and procedures of the University that influence the professional and personal welfare of all faculty of the University. These include, but are not limited to faculty personnel policies, including such matters as: tenure and promotion; sustained performance review; any incentive and excellence programs initiated by the university; any other faculty performance evaluative standard.
- Examining and proposing University policies and programs associated with faculty development.
- Gathering and publicizing information on faculty needs and concerns.
- Developing and implementing procedures for faculty evaluation of administrators’ performance.
- Developing procedures for the formation of Peer Review Committees to hear the cases of tenured faculty who have received notice of termination; forming such committees as needed.