The Library Council advises the Provost and the Senior Vice President for USF Health or their designees on matters pertaining to the composition, function, and structure of the USF Libraries.
Functions of the Council may include:
- Review of implementation of the University Library policies and procedures for purchasing materials.
- Participate in a process of periodic evaluation of the library.
- Submit an annual report outlining Council activities and involvement to the Faculty Senate or as directed.
- Serve as advocate for the library in university-wide planning, decisionmaking and processes.
- Develop faculty awareness of the library resources and identify appropriate modes of communication within colleges.
- Advocate for the inclusion of library faculty in the hiring process across colleges.
Meetings: The Library Council meets monthly during the academic year, meeting dates and materials will be posted as they are available.