Your completed application is due to the Graduate Certificate Office at least two weeks before the start of the semester for which you are applying.
Students must also be prepared to submit ALL of the following:
New USF Students
- A 250-500 word essay in which the student describes her or his academic and professional background, reasons for pursuing this certificate, and professional goals pertaining to cybersecurity.
- Resume or CV
- Official transcripts from every college or university you attended. Include military credits and CLEP scores. Please note the following:
Official transcripts must be sent directly from the degree-granting institution to
USF Innovative Education
Attn: Graduate Certificates
4202 E Fowler Avenue, LIB608
Tampa, FL 33620
A copy may be uploaded with your online application to expedite the process. Review of your application will be expedited if you send your transcripts electronically.
Existing USF Graduate Students
- A 250-500 word essay in which the student describes her or his academic and professional background, reasons for pursuing this degree, and professional goals pertaining to cybersecurity.
- Resume or CV
Students who received their certificate from USF are not required to submit transcripts.
If you are applying to multiple graduate certificate programs, please apply for each one separately. Admission to a graduate certificate program does not imply automatic acceptance into a graduate degree program.
International students will need to provide additional documentation.
International students who do not hold the required degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution must submit translated transcripts along with a letter from a qualified foreign transcript evaluation service certifying equivalency to the U.S. degree. Foreign transcript evaluation services approved by the USF Graduate School can be found online.
Submit Other Required Documents to USF
If you wish to take classes on campus, you must:
- Submit the Immunization Health History Form to the Immunization office prior to registration. If this is not done, a hold will be placed on your account.
- For additional information, please review the Student Insurance page, or call 813-974-5407 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Admission to a graduate certificate program does not imply automatic acceptance into a graduate degree program.