UGR Scholar Award
The USF Scholar Award recognizes a student’s commitment to their development as a researcher during their undergraduate tenure. Award recipients will be recognized by the Office of Undergraduate Research and receive a certificate commemorating their achievement.
After attending the scholar award workshop and/or completing the enrollment form, students will be required to:
- Complete Fundamentals of Academic Research (12-week course)
- Find a faculty mentor and engage in research through the free, zero-credit IDS-4914 Advanced Undergraduate Research Experience
- Attend two OUR workshops and join the Undergraduate Research Society (URS)
- Attend & Present your research at the USF Undergraduate Research Conference
- Submit a research proposal to THRIVE (the undergraduate research journal)
Once you have completed all of the aforementioned requirements, you should write a reflective essay on your experience engaging in these scholarly activities. When you have completed your 1-2 page reflective essay, complete the application (note: essay should be uploaded to the application).