Resources in Canvas
- You can start getting familiar with Canvas now by viewing this Instructor Orientation.
- For step-by-step instructions related to a variety of tasks, you may wish to consult the Canvas Instructor Guide or the Canvas Instructor Quickstart Guide.
- For video tutorials, check out the Canvas Video Guide.
- For inspiration and to see Canvas in action, we suggest checking out these Canvas courses developed by instructors across the country.
- ATLE offers Canvas workshops throughout the year. Browse our offerings and register here.
- You may also wish to read our handout on differences from Canvas and best practices for using the new system.
- IT is also operating a walk-in Canvas clinic in LIB 107, from 10am – 3pm Monday through Friday, any days that the USF Tampa Library is open.
- Contact the USF Help Desk (email@example.com or 813-974-1222) for technology problems or to open a ticket for detailed help.
- There is also University-level training available, in addition to the ATLE sessions listed above. More info can be found at http://lms.blog.usf.edu/.
- For information regarding offerings from USF Health visit their workshop list.
If you have any suggestions, comments or requests, send your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We've created a faculty-to-faculty listserv so that you can email each other with ideas, news, announcements, tricks, tips and workarounds about using Canvas (or ask questions of other subscribers). Several support staff will also be part of the list. To subscribe, visit http://listserv.admin.usf.edu/listserv/wa.exe?INDEX and locate "Canvas" in the alphabetical list, then click it to find the link to JOIN CANVAS.
- Accessing Canvas
To access USF's instance of Canvas, log in to myUSF and click on CANVAS (it's either in the top navigation menu or under the Teaching and Learning Tools drop down menu). To assist your students with logging in to and navigating Canvas, you may use this video.
- Simple Faculty Overview (video) - how Canvas is different from Blackboard, and how to get started using the new system in the simple fashion
- Blackboard Collaborate
- e-Grades Submisison
- Migration (from Blackboard) to Canvas
- USF First Day Attendance