Reconciler Training Part 4
Part 4: PCard Audits
Who Can Audit the PCard Process?
- PCard Services Staff
- University Audit and Compliance personnel
- State of Florida Auditors
What Will They Be Looking For?
Departments will be audited on compliance with the PCard rules as documented in this Certification Training.
Questions the auditors will have in mind are:
- Are the reconciled Cardholder Monthly Activity Statements available for audit review upon request? (Remember: Statements must be reconciled no later than the last day of the month following the reporting period.)
- Has the report been signed by the person who authorized the Cardholder (or their designee)?
- Does the vendor name on the receipt match the Cardholder Monthly Activity Statement?
- Does the amount on the receipt match the Cardholder Monthly Activity Statement?
- Is there a complete description of the commodity items purchased with the PCard on the receipt or supporting documentation?
- Was sales tax paid?
- Was a Travel Expense Report filed for all travel transactions?
- Are PCard commodity receipts stored with the Cardholder Monthly Activity Statement?
- DId the Cardholder sign the Monthly Activity Statement?
- Was the date the goods were received noted on the receipt/commodity documentation?
- Were the PCard purchases made "allowed" PCard charges?
- Is the required documentation attached to the PCard receipts for "Special Conditions" purchases?
- Were the correct chartfields used?
- Were transactions processed in a timely manner?