Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy Doctoral Program
Students in the accountancy PhD program develop mastery of one or more specialized areas of accounting: accounting information systems, auditing, and managerial or financial accounting. The program prepares graduates for careers as university professors and research professionals in corporate, nonprofit, and public institutions.
Admission to the program is highly selective. We limit our enrollment, admitting on average only two students per year. This allows our doctoral candidates to work closely with faculty members while pursuing their degree and gain valuable experience in research and teaching. Many of our students receive financial aid in the form of assistantships or fellowships.
- In Public Accounting Report's 27th Annual Professor's Survey, the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy program at the University of South Florida was ranked in the top 25.
- Recent articles in Issues in Accounting Education indicate that over the last 20 years, we ranked 7th in AIS based on faculty publications, and over the last 6 years, we ranked 2nd based on alumni publications.
- Over the last 3 years, Issues in Accounting Education also ranked us 30th in experimental research based on faculty publications and 14th for alumni publications.
Our rankings reflect both the dedication of our faculty to doctoral education and the productivity of our alumni. Our graduates have become successful faculty and researchers at many institutions, including:
- California State University—East Bay
- California State University–LA
- Hofstra University
- Lehigh University
- Louisiana State University
- Miami University
- Millsaps College
- North Carolina State University
- Northern Illinois University
- Old Dominion and Texas A&M
- Texas A & M—Corpus Christi
- University of Central Missouri
- University of New Orleans
- University of North Texas
- University of San Diego
- Wake Forest University
- Western Illinois University.
Doctoral Program Handbook
This handbook gives information on the policies, procedures, and requirements for all doctoral students at the University of South Florida's Muma College of Business.