Continuing Education & RBT Training
Registered Behavior Technician Training Program
The Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) training program is based on the Registered Behavior Technician Task List and is designed to meet the 40-hour training requirement for the RBT credential. The program is offered independent of the BACB. Once begun, you must complete the course within 180 days.
The RBT Program consists of 11 online modules, each containing a narrated presentation and a 10 question quiz at the end of each module. Successful completion of the course requires sequential completion of each module and quiz, which then will provide the student with a Certificate of Completion for use with additional requirements for the RBT credential.
RBT Credential Process
In order for you to obtain the RBT credential through the BACBA® you must complete the following steps:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass a criminal background check to be completed within 180 days of the RBT application
- Complete the 40-hour RBT training course (this course)
- Must be completed within 180 days of the official start date
- You must receive a score of 90% of above in each of the assessments
- You will receive a certificate at the end of this course
- Locate a BCBA to complete the RBT competency assessment with you:
- RBT competency assessment
- If necessary you can locate BCBAs via the BACB website (Links to an external site.)
- The BCBA must sign off on the RBT competency and should not abbreviate any of the information
- This person will also be the Responsible Certificant
- Apply (and pay the application fee) for the RBT credential (Links to an external site.)
- Sign up (and pay the exam fee), complete, and pass the RBT exam
For more information visit the BACB website (Links to an external site.)
The USF/ABA program offers discounted rates based on affiliation status. For anyone who is interested in getting the discounted price please contact Aleatha Neal for instructions and to submit proof of your affiliation. Students enrolled in the USF Master's in ABA program, both on-campus or online, should contact Dr. Catia Cividini-Motta directly.
Standard Price Non-USF affiliation: $200 per person (Group Discount available for 10 or more individuals: $150 per person)
- USF students in ABA Master's program (online or on-campus): free - must contact Dr. Catia Cividini-Motta directly to enroll in course via Canvas
- USF students in ABA Minor program: $50 per person (no group discount available)
- USF students (not in a Master's/Undergraduate ABA program) or employees of our practicum sites: $100 per person (Group Discount available for 10 or more individuals: $75 per person)
- USF graduates: $100 per person
PLEASE NOTE: Charges will appear on your bank's statement as "Children's Mental Health Network."
- Browser: While our courses are viewable on a wide variety of browsers, Internet Explorer and Firefox work the best. Please ensure that your browser is updated to the latest version.
- Internet Connection: 56K modems will work, however due to embedded video in several courses, a broadband connection is recommended.
- Software: No specialized software is needed, however please ensure that you have the latest Adobe Flash and Shockwave players installed.
- Audio: Speakers (internal or external) or headset speakers is required.
Applied Behavior Analysis Program
Department of Child and Family Studies
13301 Bruce B Downs Blvd.
Tampa, Fl 33612