SHRM Essentials of Human Resources
SHRM® Essentials is an introductory course, offering a comprehensive overview of human resource roles and responsibilities. It covers a wide range of introductory HR topics in a condensed, straightforward format. Up-to-date, easy-to-understand content ensures that you master HR concepts and apply them to everyday situations and issues.
This course is split into 2-day sessions and it is offered on an open enrollment basis, with no application required!
Who Should Attend?
SHRM® Essentials is ideal for those who:
- Manage people and need an overview of HR
- Perform HR tasks as a part of their many roles
- Want to break into the competitive and growing HR profession
- Desire to update their HR knowledge
- Seek career advancement
What You Will Learn
The course addresses key human resource management subjects in a user-friendly format designed to give an effective learning experience.
After completion of the course, you will:
- Understand your organization's complex HR issues
- Stay up-to-date on the latest HR laws and regulations
- Increase your on-the-job confidence
- Have an HR reference guide at your fingertips
What You Will Earn
To successfully complete the program, participants must meet the attendance requirement and pass an exam.
Upon successfully completing this program, you will earn continuing education contact hours/CEUs and a letter of completion, which may apply for professional development credit.
Cost of Attendance
$525 (includes course material)
USF Alumni, USF Faculty & Staff, USF Faculty & Staff Family Members and USF Students are eligible to receive 10 percent discount on Continuing Education courses. How to Receive the Discount.
SHRM® and SHRM Essentials® are registered trademarks of the Society for Human Resource