Doctor of Philosophy
In order to be admitted to the Doctoral program, students will need to meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 in the upper level division coursework or grade point average of 3.5 at the master's level.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score of 500 on the Verbal section, 475 on the Quantitative section, and a 4 on the Analytical Writing section.
- Three letters of recommendation to be submitted directly to the department.
- Favorable recommendations from program faculty.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education. If an applicant does not have any formal coursework in adult education before his/her advanced graduate coursework, the student may need to take some introductory adult education courses. Three basic courses can be required as prerequisites to the degree.
- An optional personal interview with the Admissions Committee, if the applicant has no previous relationship with the faculty.
The preferred method of submitting personal goal statements, vita/resumes, and letters of recommendation is to email them to Dr. Rosemary Closson.
Note: Please have your recommender put your name and program in the subject line.