Application Deadline: February 1st
You may obtain and complete an application online.
For more detailed information, visit the Graduate Catalog.
(Click on the 2016-2017 catalog and then scroll to page 449 for the Educational Psychology specialization)
Program Admission Requirements:
Each applicant to a graduate program at the University of South Florida is required to meet the minimum requirements established by the Office of Admissions.
To be considered for admission into the Educational Psychology program, students must have the following:
- A completed application to USF Office of Graduate Studies
- A non-refundable application fee of $30.00 for each graduate program to which a student applies.
- Preferred GRE scores: verbal minimum of 140 (400 old scores), quantitative minimum of 140 (400 old scores)
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 grading scale in the student’s Master’s program
- Two official transcripts from the student’s Master’s program and undergraduate program
- A Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- A current resume or vita
- A personal statement (2-3 pages) that describes why you want to pursue this degree, why you feel USF would be a good fit, which Educational Psychology faculty you seek to work with and why, and your long-term goals.
- Optional: Three letters of recommendation. The letters should be written by persons who are in a position to comment on the likelihood of success within the department and who are not related to the applicant.
In addition, international students whose native language is not English and who have not studied in an English speaking country for at least one academic year will be required to submit official TOEFL results.
Phone or personal interviews will be conducted in order to determine the level of fit between the concentration, faculty, and students, but will not be required initially.