Florida Digital/Virtual Educator Certificate
The Florida Digital/Virtual Educator graduate certificate is designed for teachers, media specialists, technology specialists, administrators and other educational professionals. It is for individuals who recognize the importance of integrating technology into K-12 curriculum in both classroom and online learning environments.
Students will learn how to transform learning environments and support student learning in ways that could not be done without technology. All courses are available online (12 semester hours). Certificate course credit may apply toward the M.Ed. degree program. The Florida Virtual School has endorsed this certificate and will give students who earn this certificate preferential hiring for virtual teaching positions.
- EME 6053 Internet in Education (3)
- EME 5403 Computers in Education (3) or EME6425 Technology for School Management (3)
- EME6457 Distance Learning OR EME 7458 Research in Distance Learning (3)
Elective Courses (choose 1 of the following)
- EME 6055 Current Trends in Educational Technology (3)
- EME 6208 Interactive Media (3)