Bill Payment Deferments
A tuition deferment prevents cancellation of registration for non-payment of fees, and temporarily prevents assessment of the late payment fee.
Receipt of a tuition deferment is not a guarantee that you will receive aid and does not prevent a cash collections hold from being placed on your student account. Cash collection holds prevent you from registering for future terms and from obtaining official transcripts until your account is paid in full.
If you still owe tuition after the expiration date has passed, you will be assessed a late payment fee by the University Controller's Office (UCO).
To qualify for an automatic deferment, you must be eligible to receive financial aid (including student loans) and/or scholarships. Deferments are automatically posted on OASIS if you:
- Have scholarships (including Bright Futures), or;
- Have a FAFSA on file at USF 10 business day before classes begin, and;
- Are a degree seeking student, and;
- Are enrolled in at least half-time in USF classes appropriate to your grade level and;
- Are meeting satisfactory academic progress (SAP) requirements.
Check OASIS two weeks prior to the start of the semester to see if you qualify
- Choose 'Financial Aid', then
- Select the appropriate aid year; then
- Select 'My Requirements, Bookstore Authorizations and Deferments';
- Review the 'Satisfied Requirements' section for approved deferments