Thank you for your interest in USF Graduate Certificates.
Please note: There are no application deadlines for Graduate Certificates, except for those in the College of Nursing. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. To ensure a spot in the program, please submit your application as soon as possible.
To complete the application process, please follow the steps below.
Step 1: Apply to Admissions as a Non-Degree Seeking Student
If you are a current graduate student, please proceed to Step #2 and do NOT complete the online admission application. However, if you are not currently enrolled at the USF, or you have not attended USF in the past two semesters, you must apply to the USF Tampa campus as a non-degree seeking student. Expect this process to take two to four weeks.
To apply for admission to USF, you must:
- Complete the online application for admission.
- Pay the non-refundable $30 application fee.
- Provide your official transcript from each college or university you attended, to include military credits and CLEP scores. Please note that review of your application will be expedited if you send your transcripts electronically.
- College of Nursing applicants need to complete the College of Nursing's online application as well.
- International students will need to provide additional documentation.
- Contact the USF Office of the Registrar with questions about the application.
Step 2: Apply to the Graduate Certificate Program
To apply for admission to your graduate certificate program, you must:
- Fill out the Graduate Certificate Department Approval form online, then print it and send it in with the following documents.
- Provide a letter of interest.
- Provide your resume.
- Provide your official transcripts.
- Some certificates require additional materials. Please read the specific certificate program page to see if any additional application materials are required.
- College of Nursing applicants need to download and use the resume template, personal statement template, and letter of recommendation template as well.
Note: If you are applying to multiple graduate certificate programs, please send an approval form for each one.
Mail these documents to:
University of South Florida
USF Innovative Education
4202 E. Fowler Ave., SVC 1072
Tampa, FL 33620
Step 3: Submit Other Required Documents to USF
If you wish to take classes on campus, you must:
- Submit the Immunization Health History Form to the Immunization office prior to registration. If this is not done, a hold will be placed on your account.
- For additional information, please review the Student Insurance page, or call 813-974-5407 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Admission to a graduate certificate program does not imply automatic acceptance into a graduate degree program.