Thank you for your interest in USF Graduate Certificates.
Your completed application is due to the Graduate Certificate office at least two
weeks before the start of the semester for which you are applying. Deadlines are as
Summer Start – April 27, 2015
Fall Start – Aug. 10, 2015
Spring Start – Dec. 14, 2015 (due to holiday break)
Alternative calendar certificates have different application deadlines. Please visit the individual programs for dates.
To complete the application process, please follow the steps below.
Step 1: Apply to Admissions as a Non-Degree Seeking Student
If you are a current graduate student, please proceed to Step #2 and do NOT complete the online admission application. However, if you are not currently enrolled at the USF, or you have not attended USF in the past two semesters, you must apply to the USF Tampa campus as a non-degree seeking student. Expect this process to take two to four weeks.
To apply for admission to USF, you must:
- Complete the online application for admission.
- Pay the non-refundable $30 application fee.
- Provide your official transcript from each college or university you attended, to include military credits and CLEP scores.
- College of Nursing applicants need to complete the College of Nursing's online application as well.
- International students will need to provide additional documentation.
- Contact the USF Office of the Registrar with questions about the application.
Step 2: Apply to the Graduate Certificate Program
To apply for admission to your graduate certificate program, you must:
- Fill out the Graduate Certificate Department Approval form online, then print it and send it in with the following documents.
- Provide a letter of interest.
- Provide your resume.
- Provide your official transcripts.
- Some certificates require additional materials. Please read the specific certificate program page to see if any additional application materials are required.
- College of Nursing applicants need to download and use the resume template, personal statement template, and letter of recommendation template as well.
Note: If you are applying to multiple graduate certificate programs, please send an approval form for each one.
Mail these documents to:
University of South Florida
USF Innovative Education
4202 E. Fowler Ave., SVC 1072
Tampa, FL 33620
Step 3: Submit Other Required Documents to USF
If you wish to take classes on campus, you must:
- Submit the Immunization Health History Form to the Immunization office prior to registration. If this is not done, a hold will be placed on your account.
- For additional information, please review the Student Insurance page, or call 813-974-5407 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Admission to a graduate certificate program does not imply automatic acceptance into a graduate degree program.