Apply for Benefits
Benefits Request Process
Please follow the steps below to submit your benefits request.
STEP 1: Attend Orientation and Register for classes.
STEP 2: Complete this step if you are using your benefits for the first time, or if you used them last semester at a different school. Otherwise, skip to STEP 3.
- Follow this link, Vets.gov, to the VA's Education Benefits Application Process website.
- Scroll down, and click on "Select Form."
- Answer all questions and provide requested information.
- Save and print the "Claim Received" page at the end of the application. You will be asked to upload this page during Step 3.
STEP 3: Submit a Benefits Request application with our office using this link Clockworks.
All claimants should be prepared to submit a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility or "Claim Received" page (from STEP 2). Veterans should be prepared to submit a copy of their DD Form 214.
- Submit a benefits request every semester you wish to use benefits to the Office of Veteran Success using Clockworks.
- If you change your class schedule (add, drop, change type), return to Clockworks and submit a "Student Change of Benefits Form."
- If you are a Chapter 31 claimant, DO NOT submit a benefits request.
- If you submit a printout of your "Claim Received" page in lieu of a COE, you must submit your COE as soon as you receive it.
- If you are a transient student (definition), or your home university/college is not USF, contact OVS directly for specific guidance.