You'll work with USF's electrical/biomedical engineering faculty to explore careers in the dynamic world of biomedical engineering, and learn how biomedical engineers contribute to human health and well-being all on the USF Tampa Campus. You'll also plan, build and test bioelectrical interfaces using the Design for X (DFX) lab at USF. Through the program, you will use high-tech tools often used by cardiologists, neurosurgeons and other medical professionals.
Students will engage in hands-on activity and instruction to:
- Understand the basic principal areas of biomedical engineering
- Learn how to measure bioelectrical signals from their own body and how to store and analyze the data
- Review the scope of biomedical engineering and focus on Instrumentation
- Experience evidence-based teaching methods in a cooperative learning environment
- June 10-14, 2018
- July 15-19, 2018
$1,500 and includes:
- Accommodations in Cypress Residence Hall Suites
- All meals
- Academic instruction and program oversight by USF faculty
- All materials
- Hands-on use of laboratory equipment
Need and Merit Based Scholarships Available for All Programs
Open to students entering grades 10-12 who are interested in STEM education and career paths such as science or engineering. To begin the process, please fill out our online application. If you are accepted, you will be notified by email.
The May 4 deadline has been extended to May 18, 2018.
Scholarship Application Process:
- Once you have applied to the program, you will receive a confirmation email with links to the Pre-College scholarship application.
- Complete and submit the scholarship application.
- Once submitted, our team will follow up with you directly with next steps.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
May 4, 2018
For more information:
Email us - InEd-PreCollege@usf.edu