Biomedical Engineering - Non-Credit
Dates: July 16-20, 2017
You'll work with USF's electrical/biomedical engineering faculty to explore careers in the dynamic world of biomedical engineering, and learn how biomedical engineers contribute to human health and well-being all on the USF Tampa Campus. You'll also plan, build and test bioelectrical interfaces using the Design for X (DFX) lab at USF. Through the program, you will use high-tech tools often used by cardiologists, neurosurgeons and other medical professionals.
Learning Outcomes:Students will engage in hands-on activity and instruction to:
- Understand the basic principal areas of biomedical engineering
- Learn how to measure bioelectrical signals from their own body and how to store and analyze the data
- Review the scope of biomedical engineering and focus on Instrumentation
- Evidence-based teaching methods in a cooperative learning environment
$1,500 and includes:
- Accommodations in Kosove Residence Hall
- All meals
- Academic instruction and program oversight by USF faculty
- All materials
- Hands-on use of laboratory equipment
Program Type: Non-Credit
How to Apply:
Open to rising sophomore, junior and senior high school students interested in STEM education and career paths such as science or engineering.
- Fill out an Interest Form to receive more information on the program.
- Complete your Application.
May 30, 2017 - Currently Building Waitlist
For more information:
Email us - InEd-PreCollege@usf.edu