Write Now: USF’s Young Writers Workshop
Dates: June 26-30, 2017
Write Now, USF's young writer's workshop, is a week-long immersion into a collegiate environment in creative writing. During this commuter program on USF Tampa's campus, students will work with passionate and experienced instructors, meet published authors, and write and share their own work.
Students will create stories, poems, and comics, engage their imaginations, and understand what it means to be a literary citizen. Each day will feature a guest lecturer and the program will culminate with a celebratory reading of student work to which friends and family are invited.
The program seeks to:
- Encourage students to be better observers/thinkers in the world
- Foster a safe writing community
- Create excitement for writing and lessen anxiety about the writing process
- Give students tools to develop their own writing processes and mindsets
- Foster a love of reading and the ability to read like a writer
- Encourage public reading and sharing of work
$550 and includes:
- Academic instruction and program oversight by USF faculty
- Mini-chapbook of students' work
Program Type: Non-Credit Commuter
How to Apply:
Open to rising sophomore, junior and senior high school students interested in artistic endeavors such as creative writing. Writing sample(s) required.
June 19, 2017
For more information:
Email us - InEd-PreCollege@usf.edu