Welcome to USF!
We can't wait for you to join us on campus where it is the Best place to Live, the Best place to Work, and the Best place to Learn. In fact, that's our motto in Housing & Residential Education! Grand Opening day is right around the corner on Thursday, August 16. This day is one of celebration, transition, and support. Whether you arrive on your own or with family & friends, know that as a USF Bull, you will be welcomed by staff, faculty, and fellow students when you get to campus. Your day will begin at the Marshall Student Center (MSC), where there is ample parking and staff on site to help guide you to the check-in area. Once inside, you will be greeted by faculty and staff. Make sure you take some USF beads to show off your Bull pride! Check this page often for updates and let us know if you need any assistance!
What is Grand Opening?
Grand Opening is the annual opening of the residence halls for the fall semester. This year, Grand Opening will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, August 16. Once you arrive on campus, make your way to the Marshall Student Center where our team will be ready and waiting to help you check in and get your key(s). Once you have checked in, our team will provide you with a map and directions so you know how to get to your residence hall move-in location. Upon arrival at your residence hall, you will find our Bull Haul move-in crew and meet your Resident Assistant (RA). Bull Haul support is only available during Grand Opening, so we encourage you to arrive during this time. However, if you can't be here for Grand Opening, that's okay! You can check in 24-hours a day afterward.
What if I can't arrive during Grand Opening?
If you are arriving before or after Grand Opening, you will check in at one of these designated locations (note the time periods).
Beta, Castor, Cypress, Holly, Kosove, Maple Residents
Check-in is open 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. in Holly L
Juniper, Poplar, and Magnolia Residents
Check-in is open 24-hours a day in the Juniper-Poplar Lobby
The Village Residents (Beacon, Endeavor, Horizon, Pinnacle, Summit)
Check-in is open 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. in The Hub
We encourage you to review the residential maps. When Grand Opening ends at 4 p.m. our team will transition check-in from the MSC back to each 24-hour desk. We anticipate that check-in will resume by 6 p.m.
Pre-Approved to Arrive Early?
If you are a member of a group that has been pre-approved for early arrival, then
please contact the professional staff member responsible for your group. We won't
be able to accommodate early arrivals for students who are not members of pre-approved
Students who are accepted as Bull Haul volunteers are automatically pre-approved for
early move-in. Bull Haul volunteers who successfully complete Bull Haul will not be
charged the nightly rate for early move-in. The fee will appear on your OASIS account,
but will be waived within two weeks of completing Bull Haul. Please review the Bull Haul page for more information. Bull Haul volunteers will receive an email in late July with
instructions for early arrival.
For those students pre-approved to move in early and whose early move-in rent is not
waived, the nightly rate for the assigned room will apply (total will be billed to
OASIS). View Break Stay & Early Arrival Rates
Make your way to your 24-hour desk and we will be ready for you! If you think you might arrive later than noon on Monday, August 20, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
Parking Information: During Move-In
- Parking regulations are in place and enforced on the USF Tampa campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please review the Parking Rules & Regulations.
- Please do not park in the unloading zones longer than 30 minutes. Our team will help direct you to a nearby parking lot.
- Please do not park in any "Disabled Parking" space unless displaying a proper state-issued Disabled Parking placard, hangtag, or license plate.
- Please do not park in Numbered, Reserved, or Labeled parking spaces.
- Please make sure to purchase your "R" permit. Once purchased, you can print a temporary permit from the Parking Services website, and place it on your dashboard until your actual permit arrives in the mail.
Vehicles with trailers, or vehicles that can't fit in one parking space
- Oversize vehicles and vehicles with trailers will be directed to park in lot 18, 43 and 47. Oversize rental trucks, vehicles with trailers and motorhomes after unloading at designated locations are to be directed to the lots identified above.
After unloading, please move your vehicle(s) to courtesy lot 18T. Parents can return to the residence halls from these parking lots via the USF Bull Runner bus. Parking information will be clearly marked and designated with signage throughout the campus. At any time, parking in disabled spaces without a valid state disabled permit, in reserved, numbered, and labeled spaces, in unloading zones longer than 30 minutes, in unauthorized lots, or in "no parking" zones is subject to warning/citation. Routine parking enforcement resumes on Monday, August 20. Visit the Parking Services website.
Parking Information: After You Move In
- Parking permits are required to park on the USF Tampa campus 24 hours per day, 7 day per week.
- Only residents with "R" permits are allowed to park in "R" lots.
- After 5:30 p.m. and on weekends, resident students displaying an R permit may park in E, S, GZ, Y, or D designated areas. Park-n-Ride (Y) permits are required to park in "Y" designated lots from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Friday.
Prior to receiving keys to your new USF home, you must complete a Meal Plan Contract (if you are a first time in college student). For almost all residents, you completed this as part of the housing application. If you require assistance with your meal plan when you arrive, there will be staff in the Marshall Student Center who can assist you.
How do I sign up for a meal plan?
You will choose your meal plan through your housing application. If you have not selected a meal plan, please visit the housing portal, then go to the housing application section to complete a meal plan application
How do I pay for a meal plan?
All meal plans will be billed to your student OASIS account.
Will my financial aid cover the cost of the meal plan?
Because all meal plans are billed to your student OASIS account, if you are receiving any scholarships, loans, grants, etc, these funds may help cover part of your meal plan charge. Financial Aid will apply to tuition/fees, housing and THEN meal plan charges. Funds remaining after tuition, fees, and housing have been paid will apply to the meal plan charge.
When is the meal plan payment due?
If there is a balance owed in OASIS for the fall meal plan, it will need to be paid by Tuesday, September 4.
Where is the best place to learn more about dining?
Visit the USF Dining website and review the terms & conditions in the "meal plans" section.
If you have additional questions, please contact Dining Services at 813-974-4499, via email, or visit Dining Services in person at the Marshall Student Center, 1st floor, Room 1502, during normal business hours.
Your mailbox information is visible on the same screen as your housing assignment in the Housing Portal. If you would like to ship anything prior to move-in, please wait until August 12. Retrieve mail and packages from your area's Mail Center (Holly H for north Campus, JPH lobby for south campus). Mail Centers will be open for regular hours starting Monday, August 20. Learn more and lookup your mailing address!
Mail Center Hours
Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday: Noon - 3 p.m.
USF is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Institution. If you would like to request an accommodation for move-in, we ask that you contact our office at 813-974-0001 or email@example.com five days before your arrival.
- Complete the housing application steps to secure an assignment.
- Apply for your meal plan (optional for transfer/ upper-class students).
- Login to the Housing Portal, select "Profile Information," then "Future Housing Assignment Information" to view your fall/spring housing assignment (this is also where your roommates/suite-mates/apartment-mates are listed). If you don't have an assignment, please contact us for assistance.
- Communicate with your future roommate(s) and coordinate what you will bring to campus. Things like printers, microwaves, refrigerators, and TVs can be shared!
- Check your homeowner's/renter's insurance to see if it covers your belongings on campus. If not, purchase additional insurance through your company or check out these specialized options (links are provided as examples and do not serve as an endorsement):
- Get in touch with other incoming students and stay up-to-date on important university announcements through your class Facebook group.
- Complete other university checklists (such as purchasing parking pass, ordering textbooks, etc.).
- Make your Fall Meal Plan payment (due Tuesday, September 4).
- Remember to bring your University ID with you.
- Review the Resident Handbook.
- Check out the Week of Welcome events.
- Review the Move-In Checklist.
- Check the Grand Opening Move-In Map
Card Center (Student IDs) - 813-974-2357 - SVC 1032
Dining Services/Meal Plans - 813-974-4499 - MSC 1502
Financial Aid - 813-974-4700 - SVC 1102
New Student Connections - 813-974-2896 - MSC 3200
Parking & Transportation Services - 813-974-3990 - PSB 101
Students with Disabilities Services - 813-974-4309 - SVC 1133
Undergraduate Admissions - 813-974-3350 - SVC 1036
USF Campus Police - 813-974-2628 (non-emergency) 911 (emergency)
Healthy Bull Tips
Moving can be stressful. Fight off stress by establishing a healthy routine of sleep, diet, and exercise. On campus, get a great workout at the Campus Recreation Center and find tips on managing your stress at the Wellness Center in the MSC.