The University of South Florida Upward Bound Program (UBP) is a TRIO college-access program funded by the United States Department of Education.
- The goal of UBP is to increase the rate at which participants complete secondary education and enroll in and graduate from institutions of post-secondary education.
- USF UBP serves Hillsborough County high school students living in low-income households or households in which neither parent holds a bachelor's degree (first-generation college students).
- Services also include instruction, tutoring, counseling, mentoring, cultural enrichment, campus tours, and a college residential experience.
USF UBP strives to meet or exceed the goal percentages proposed in the grant for the following objectives:
- Academic Performance--Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Academic Performance on Standardized Test:
- Secondary School Retention and Graduation (with regular secondary school diploma)
- Completion of rigorous secondary school program of study
- Postsecondary Enrollment
- Postsecondary Completion