The University of South Florida Upward Bound Program (UBP) is a TRIO college-access program funded by the United States Department of Education.
- The goal of UBP is to increase the rate at which participants complete secondary education and enroll in and graduate from institutions of post-secondary education.
- USF UBP serves Hillsborough County high school students living in low-income households or households in which neither parent holds a bachelor's degree (first-generation college students).
- Services also include instruction, tutoring, counseling, mentoring, cultural enrichment, campus tours, and a college residential experience.
We have stopped processing applications for admission this year. We will resume accepting applications in spring 2017. Your application will not be processed until then.
USF UBP strives to meet or exceed the goal percentages proposed in the grant for the following objectives:
- Academic Performance--Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Academic Performance on Standardized Test:
- Secondary School Retention and Graduation (with regular secondary school diploma)
- Completion of rigorous secondary school program of study
- Postsecondary Enrollment
- Postsecondary Completion