USF is a member institution of the The Leadership Alliance, a national consortium of more than 30 leading research and teaching colleges, universities, and private industry. The Leadership Alliance mission is to train, mentor, and inspire a diverse group of students from a wide range of cultural and academic backgrounds into competitive graduate training programs and professional research-based careers.
About the Program
The USF Leadership Alliance Summer Program is a nine-week intensive research experience for students interested in advanced graduate study. The program introduces students to the academic research culture through active engagement and community building. Under the direction of faculty mentors and program directors, student scholars develop twenty-first century skills, complete a research project, and participate in professional development activities to prepare for the graduate experience. The program culminates with presentation at the Leadership Alliance National Symposium.
Nine weeks, from June 3 – Aug. 5, 2018.
• Students with a strong desire to pursue research centered careers at the doctoral
level are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Preference is given to rising sophomore or junior level students.
• Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
• Applicants must be full-time students in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or better.
• Be currently enrolled in an accredited public or private college or university in the U.S. or its territories, as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
Students are housed in a USF residence hall, and enjoy access to the campus recreation center and student center amenities. Students also receive a meal plan. Up to $500.00 (excludes excess baggage charges) will be covered for transportation to and from the program. Students will also receive a stipend of $2,250.00 to support expenses not covered by the program.
How to Apply
Submit an application on the Leadership Alliance website.