DEPARTMENT OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
Emergency Management Program
The Department of Emergency Management (EM) is a university-wide function based out of the Tampa campus that coordinates activities to protect, prevent and mitigate against; respond to; and recover from disasters and emergencies affecting the University. Using an all-hazards approach, USF EM coordinates emergency operations to enhance a safe and secure environment at USF that is conducive to living, learning, and working.
Emergency Management provides a unified approach to all public safety and emergency resources, provides effective and timely communications between all safety units, and serves as the university's single point of contact and management for emergency and crisis situations. The University is committed to serving our students, faculty, staff, and visitors through a variety of preventative and responsive programs and services.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Emergency Operations Planning
- Continuity of Operations Planning and program management
- Critical Infrastructure Assessment and Protection
- Emergency Notification Systems
- Emergency Response Operations and Coordination
- Public Outreach Initiatives
- Training and Exercises
The Department of Emergency Management is within the Division of Facilities Management.
Facilities Management Service Center
The Facilities Management Service Center is under the purview of the Department of Emergency Management. The Service Center provides point-of-contact support to Facilities Management departments and responds to calls from faculty, staff, students, and visitors to ensure and promote a friendly, safe, comfortable and informed community.
Building Information Services
The Building Information Services (BIS) group supports the Facilities Management Division and the University in the areas of Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM), Computer Aided Design (CAD), Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Geographical Information Systems (GIS).
This group provides the following services:
- Management of the Universities work order and space management application (FAMIS)
- Design & Engineering Applications Technical Support
- Archive management and review for all construction project deliverables
- Development of CAD and BIM Guidelines & Standards
- Document management and records retention
- Creates charts, diagrams, and other engineering documents
- CAD space drawing floor plans for all university campuses and lease space
- Production and management of university GIS campus maps and applications
- Utilities infrastructure inventory including underground and above ground assets
- Mapping services and building directory kiosk maps, aerial photos