DEPARTMENT OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
Emergency Management Program
The Department of Emergency Management (EM) is a USF System-wide function based out of the Tampa campus that coordinates activities to protect, prevent and mitigate against; respond to; and recover from disasters and emergencies affecting the University. Using an all-hazards approach, USF EM coordinates emergency operations to enhance a safe and secure environment at USF that is conducive to living, learning, and working.
Emergency Management provides a unified approach to all public safety and emergency resources, provides effective and timely communications between all safety units, and serves as the USF System's single point of contact and management for emergency and crisis situations. The University is committed to serving our students, faculty, staff, and visitors through a variety of preventative and responsive programs and services.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Emergency Operations Planning
- Continuity of Operations Planning and program management
- Critical Infrastructure Assessment and Protection
- Emergency Notification Systems
- Emergency Response Operations and Coordination
- Public Outreach Initiatives
- Training and Exercises
The Department of Emergency Management is within the Division of Facilities Management.
Facilities Management Service Center
The Facilities Management Service Center is under the purview of the Department of Emergency Management. The Service Center provides point-of-contact support to Facilities Management departments and responds to calls from faculty, staff, students, and visitors to ensure and promote a friendly, safe, comfortable and informed community.
Building Information Services
Maintains building and facilities inventory, space drawing floor plans, project record documents, campus maps and assets, and utilities infrastructure.
We support the Department of Emergency Management, Facilities Management and the University in the following areas:
- Design & Engineering Applications Technical Support
- Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) and Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Document Management and Archival
- Space Reporting and Management