Skateboarding is a popular activity and one that is used by many students to move around the university campus. It's also an activity that results in many unintentional injuries. Skateboard safety is more than just wearing safety gear – it's about acting safe and being aware of your surroundings and what you are doing.
- Safety check your board before you ride.
- Always wear head gear.
- Remove headphones while riding.
- Don't text and ride.
- Share the walkways.
- Don't ride in the roadway, it's illegal.
- Slow down and yield to pedestrians.
- Don't skate in crowds of non-skaters.
- Have a safety mindset.
- Skateboarding Safety, National Safety Council
- Skateboard Safety, U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Skateboarding Safety, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons