Associate Professor, Graduate Coordinator
Faizan Ali is a marketing professor and graduate coordinator in the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management in Sarasota-Manatee. He began teaching here in 2016, coming from the Dedman School of Hospitality, Florida State University, where he served as a post-doctoral scholar. He is an active member of various hospitality associations.
His research interests are in the areas of customer experience, service performance and quality, customer satisfaction and behavior and he has authored more than 40 internationally refereed journal articles and conference papers. His recent research has been published in prestigious journals such as the Journal of Hospitality, Leisure, Sport & Tourism Education, the Journal of Destination Marketing & Management, and more. He is recipient of four “best paper” awards: one at the Academy of Global Business Advancement at the 10th World Congress at Bangkok; one at the 2014 World Hospitality & Tourism Forum in Seoul; one at the Fifth International Interdisciplinary Business-Economics Advancement Conference and one at the 2016 WDSI Annual Meeting in Las Vegas. Ali serves as the coordinating editor for the International Journal of Hospitality Management and as an assistant editor for the International Interdisciplinary Business Advancement Journal. He also serves on the editorial boards of various journals.
Ali earned a PhD in marketing at the International Business School, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, a master's degree in management from Glyndwr University, United Kingdom and a bachelor's degree in business administration and information technology from the Institute of Management Sciences, University of Peshawar, Pakistan.
- HFT 3503 Hospitality Marketing and Sales
- HFT 4930 Digital Marketing for Hospitality
- HFT 4930 Consumer Behavior in Tourism
- HFT 4253 Lodging Management
- Honors Thesis
- HMG 6259 Graduate Lodging Management
- HMG 6596 Graduate Marketing Leadership for Hospitality
- HMG 6296 Graduate Strategic Management
- HMG 6586 Graduate Research Methods and Statistics for Hospitality
- HMG 6972 Masters Thesis
- HMG 6916 Masters Professional Project
- Hospitality and Tourism Consumer Behavior
- Technology in Hospitality and Tourism
- Research Methods
- Graduate Coordinator, CHTL.
- Coordinator, M3 Center
- SECSA-CHRIE, Vice - President
- Director of Research Methods and Statistics, ANAHEI
- Assistant Editor (Methodology), International Journal of Contemporray Hospitality Management
- Assistant Editor (Methodology), Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology
- Coordinating Editor, International Journal of Hospitality Management