Rouzbeh is an assistant professor in the School of Information Systems and Management (SISM) at USF.
His research spans the areas of cybersecurity, blockchain, and applied cryptography. He has worked on developing highly efficient authentication schemes for low-end embedded IoT devices. His research has also focused on solutions to address the data privacy versus utilization dilemma. In the realm of post-quantum security, he has developed several efficient cryptographic schemes with post-quantum security. His work has resulted in a number of patents and has been published in top CS venues such as ACM CCS, IEEE TDSC, ACM AsiaCCS, ACSAC, etc.
Rouzbeh has earned a PhD in Computer Science from the University of South Florida advised by Attila Yavuz.
- ISM 4323 Information Security and IT Risk Management
- ISM4263/6930 Cloud Solution Architectures
- ISM 7911 MIS Research Seminar II
- Behnia, R., & Yavuz, A. A. (2021). Towards Practical Post-quantum Signatures for Resource-Limited Internet of Things. In Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC) (pp. 119-130). ACM.
- Behnia, R., Postlethwaite, E. W., Ozmen, M. O., & Yavuz, A. A. (2021). Lattice-Based Proof-of-Work for Post-Quantum Blockchains. In Data Privacy Management, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Technology (CBT2021) (pp. 310-318). Springer, Cham.
- Behnia, R., Ozmen, M. O., & Yavuz, A. A. (2018). Lattice-based public key searchable encryption from experimental perspectives. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC), 17(6), 1269-1282. IEEE.
- Behnia, R., Ozmen, M. O., Yavuz, A. A., & Rosulek, M. (2018). Tachyon: Fast signatures from compact knapsack. In Proceedings of the 2018 ACM SIGSAC Conference on Computer and Communications Security (ACM CCS) (pp. 1855-1867). ACM.
- Reviewer - IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (IEEE TDSC)
- Reviewer - IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (IEEE TIFS)
- Reviewer - IEEE Internet of Things Journal
- Reviewer - ACM Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT)
- Rouzbeh Behnia, Muslum Ozmen and Attila A. Yavuz, Efficient Identity-based and Certificateless Cryptosystems, USF- 19A051, Serial No: 16/442,467, Patent No: 10,673,625, File Date: 06/16/2019, Issue Date: 06/02/2020, Status: Issued.
- Attila A .Yavuz, MuslumO.Ozmen and Rouzbeh Behnia,"Energy-Aware Digitial Signatures",USF- 19A001,Serial No: 16/273,828, Patent No: 10,547,455, File Date: 02/12/2019, Issue Date: 01/28/2020, Status: Issued.