Triparna De Vreede
Triparna de Vreede is the associate director of the School of Information Systems and Management and academic director of the Master of Science in Management Program. She teaches multidisciplinary graduate and undergraduate courses. While at USF, she has developed courses such as people analytics and principles of collaboration.
She is an interdisciplinary researcher who specializes in innovative research and pursues grants from federal and corporate sources. Her expertise lies in advanced collaboration, facilitation and group-meeting techniques that enable teams and organizations to reach actionable solutions quickly. Her research, practice and teaching involve business topics like collaboration, teams, international culture and information systems. She is the founder/director of Chrysalis Consulting, a personal and organizational development firm that specializes in executive coaching, intra-organizational trainings wellness and life coaching. She has worked as an independent trainer for ING Group in the Netherlands and was an adjunct professor and research associate for the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
She earned a PhD and a master's degree in industrial and organizational psychology and a master's degree in management information systems all from the University of Nebraska at Omaha. She received an MBA in human resources and a B.Com. in accounting from Osmania University in India.
Graduate and undergraduate courses on current and relevant topics such as global information systems, international management, principles of collaboration and people analytics.
- MAN 6347 – People Analytics
- MAN 6601 – International Management
- MAN 6165 – Principles of Collaboration
- MAN 6145 – Managing Creative Projects
- MAN 6147 – Leadership Concepts
Yin, D., de Vreede, T., Steele, L., & de Vreede, G.J. (in press). Decide Now or read More? Inconsistency Across Reviews and Purchase Deferral, Information Systems Research.
Levine, M. (PI), de Vreede, T. (co-PI), & Marshall, J. (co-PI), The Public HEAlth Regenerative LEadership SymmatheSy (PHEARLESS) for the Emerging Leaders in Public Health (ELPH) program, $7.5M, Kresge Foundation.
de Vreede, G.J., Briggs, R.O., & de Vreede, T. (2021). Exploring a Convergence Technique on Ideation Artifacts in Crowdsourcing, Information Systems Frontiers, online first, doi.org/10.1007/s10796-021-10120-0.
Andel, S., de Vreede, T., Spector, Padmanabhan, B., P., Singh, V., & de Vreede, G.J. (2020). Do Social Features Help in Video-Centric Online Learning Platforms? A Social Presence Perspective, Computers in Human Behavior, 113, 12, 106505.
Cheng, X., Fu, S., de Vreede, T., de Vreede, G.J., Seeber, I., Maier, R., & Weber, B. (2020). Idea convergence quality in open innovation crowdsourcing: A cognitive load perspective, Journal of Management Information Systems, 37, 2, 349-376.
Seeber, I., Bittner, E. A. C., Briggs, R. O., de Vreede, T., de Vreede, G.J., Elkins, A., Maier, R., Oeste-Reiß, S., Randrup, N., Schwabe, G., & Söllner, M. (2020), Machines as Teammates: A Research Agenda on AI in Team Collaboration, Information & Management, 57, 2, 1-22.
- Minitrack Chair - Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences
- AI & The Future of Work, Since 2021
- Opportunities and Challenges in the Metaverse, Since 2023
- Creativity in Teams and Organizations, 2008 – 2020
- Social & Psychological Perspectives on Collaboration Research, 2011 - 2022
- Minitrack Chair – Americas Conference on Information Systems
- Service for Good, Since 2022
- Co-editor Special Issue, Internet Research, on Design and Behavioral Issues in the Upcoming Metaverse, 2022-2023
- Reviewer for journals such as the Journal of the Association of Information Systems, Group Decision and Negotiation, Journal of Personality Assessment, Journal of Creative Behavior and Journal of Personality and Social Psychology