Triparna De Vreede
Associate Director, School of Information Systems and Management
Associate Professor of Instruction
Director, MS in Management
Room: CIS 2077
Phone: (813) 974-1776
Triparna de Vreede is an associate professor of instruction and the associate director of the School of Information Systems and Management at the Muma College of Business at the University of South Florida.
Her research program focuses on Human-AI Interaction and employee well-being in organizations. Specifically, she studies psychological markers for employee thriving in organizations like engagement, creativity, satisfaction, stress, and mindfulness, using different technologies, including AI, as an application domain.
Her other areas of research include Design Science & AI, people analytics, and collaboration. Her research has been published in journals such as Information Systems Research, Journal of Management Information Systems, Computers in Human Behavior, and Information & Management, and has been presented at various academic conferences.
She holds a PhD in industrial/organizational psychology and a master's degree in management information systems from the University of Nebraska at Omaha. She received an MBA in human resource management from Osmania University.
Graduate and undergraduate courses on current and relevant topics such as global information systems, international management, principles of collaboration and people analytics.
- MAN 6347 – People Analytics
- MAN 6601 – International Management
- MAN 6165 – Principles of Collaboration
- MAN 6145 – Managing Creative Projects
- MAN 6147 – Leadership Concepts
Yin, D., de Vreede, T., Steele, L., & de Vreede, G.J. (in press). Decide Now or read More? Inconsistency Across Reviews and Purchase Deferral, Information Systems Research.
Levine, M. (PI), de Vreede, T. (co-PI), & Marshall, J. (co-PI), The Public HEAlth Regenerative LEadership SymmatheSy (PHEARLESS) for the Emerging Leaders in Public Health (ELPH) program, $7.5M, Kresge Foundation.
de Vreede, G.J., Briggs, R.O., & de Vreede, T. (2021). Exploring a Convergence Technique on Ideation Artifacts in Crowdsourcing, Information Systems Frontiers, online first, doi.org/10.1007/s10796-021-10120-0.
Andel, S., de Vreede, T., Spector, Padmanabhan, B., P., Singh, V., & de Vreede, G.J. (2020). Do Social Features Help in Video-Centric Online Learning Platforms? A Social Presence Perspective, Computers in Human Behavior, 113, 12, 106505.
Cheng, X., Fu, S., de Vreede, T., de Vreede, G.J., Seeber, I., Maier, R., & Weber, B. (2020). Idea convergence quality in open innovation crowdsourcing: A cognitive load perspective, Journal of Management Information Systems, 37, 2, 349-376.
Seeber, I., Bittner, E. A. C., Briggs, R. O., de Vreede, T., de Vreede, G.J., Elkins, A., Maier, R., Oeste-Reiß, S., Randrup, N., Schwabe, G., & Söllner, M. (2020), Machines as Teammates: A Research Agenda on AI in Team Collaboration, Information & Management, 57, 2, 1-22.
- Minitrack Chair - Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences
- AI & The Future of Work, Since 2021
- Opportunities and Challenges in the Metaverse, Since 2023
- Creativity in Teams and Organizations, 2008 – 2020
- Social & Psychological Perspectives on Collaboration Research, 2011 - 2022
- Minitrack Chair – Americas Conference on Information Systems
- Service for Good, Since 2022
- Co-editor Special Issue, Internet Research, on Design and Behavioral Issues in the Upcoming Metaverse, 2022-2023
- Reviewer for journals such as the Journal of the Association of Information Systems, Group Decision and Negotiation, Journal of Personality Assessment, Journal of Creative Behavior and Journal of Personality and Social Psychology