Varol O. Kayhan
Campus: St. Petersburg
Room: LPH 428
Varol Kayhan is an associate professor in the School of Information Systems and Management in St. Petersburg. He has been with USF since 2010 and teaches students the techniques of understanding data visualization and machine learning and how that can be relevant to careers and solve problems in everyday life.
Kayhan holds a Microsoft Professional Program Certification for Artificial Intelligence and is an AWS Certified Solutions Architect at the associate level. Two of his courses have been certified by Quality Matters and his research has been published in numerous refereed journals, including Big Data, Behavior Research Methods and Information & Management. He is also a member of the Association of Information Systems.
He earned a PhD and a master's degree in information systems from USF.
- Kayhan, V.O. & Watkins, A. (2019). Predicting the point spread in professional basketball in real time: a data snapshot approach. Journal of Business Analytics, 2(1), 63-73.
- Kayhan, V.O. & Watkins, A. (2018). A data snapshot approach for making real-time predictions in basketball. Big Data, 6(2), 96-112.
- Kayhan, V.O., Chen, Z., French, K., Allen, T. & Salomon, K. (2018). How honest are the signals? A protocol for validating wearable sensors. Behavior Research Methods, 50(1), 57-83.
- Kayhan, V. & Davis, C.J. (2016). Situational privacy concerns and antecedent factors. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 56(3), 228-237.
- Kayhan, V.O. (2015). The nature, dimensionality, and effects of perceptions of community-governance. Information and Management, 52(1), 18-29.
- Kayhan, V.O. & Bhattacherjee, A. (2014). The salience of governance mechanisms in contributing to electronic repositories. Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, 45(2), 32-44.
- Kayhan, V.O. & Bhattacherjee, A. (2013). Content use from Websites: Effects of governance mechanisms. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 53(4), 68-81.
- Kayhan, V.O. (2013). Seeking health information on the web: Positive hypothesis testing. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 82(4), 268-275.
- Kayhan, V., Davis, C.J., Collins, R. & Bhattacherjee, A. (2013). Verification of knowledge assets in electronic repositories: Expert-and Community-Governance. Information Systems Management, 30(2), 168-178.