Campus: St. Petersburg
Room: LPH 319F
Wenshan Lin is an accounting professor in the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy in St. Petersburg. He came here in 2015 from Colorado State University-Pueblo and currently teaches courses related to advanced financial accounting, auditing, intermediate financial accounting and accounting research.
His research interests lie in audit quality, corporate governance and financial reporting quality; determinants and consequences of accounting disclosures and internal controls. He is a member of the American Accounting Associaton. His research has appeared in Benchmarking: An International Journal, Accounting Horizons, the Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting and Economics, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, among others.
Lin earned a PhD from the University of North Texas and an MBA from the University of Houston.
- Xu, G., Liu, F., Hsu, H. & Lin, W. (2019). The impact of pension governance practices on the public defined benefit pension performance. Benchmarking: An International Journal,
- Qi, B., Lin, W., Tian, G. & Lewis, H. (2018). The impact of top management team characteristics on the choice of earnings management strategies: Evidence from China. Accounting Horizons, 32(1), 143-164.
- Cheng, M., Zhao, H. & Lin, W. (2017). The effects of bank privatization on performance and prudential behavior in China: does state ownership matter?. Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting and Economics, 24(3-4), 387-406.
- Cheng, M., Geng, H., Gao, Y. & Lin, W. (2017). The effects of foreign strategic investors on bank prudential behavior: Evidence from China. Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 53(3), 688-709.
- Hsiao, D., Hu, Y. & Lin, W. (2016). The earnings management opportunity for US oil and gas firms during the 2011 Arab Spring event. Pacific Accounting Review, 28(1), 71-91.
- Balfour, R., Joo, S., Whited, H. & Lin, W. (2015). Assessing the comparative performance of banking branches. Benchmarking: An International Journal, 22(5), 963-972.
- Zhao, J., Ou, P., Lin, W. & Zhang, J. (2014). Introducing foreign strategic investors and net interest margins in Chinese banks. Journal of Applied Business Research, 30(5), 1377-1393.
- Hsiao, D.F., Lin, W. & Yang, J.S. (2012). An empirical analysis of the effect of audit quality on financial reporting fraud. Corporate Ownership and Control, 9(4), 391-399.
- Kang, G. & Lin, W. (2011). Effects of the type of accounting standards and motivation on financial reporting decision. Journal of Accounting, Business and Management, 18(2), 84-104.
- Lin, W. & Hwang, M.I. (2010). Audit quality, corporate governance and earnings management: A meta-analysis. International Journal of Auditing, 14(1), 57-77.