Dan Marlin is a management professor in the School of Marketing and Innovation in St. Petersburg. He is the director of the Assurance of Learning initiative and former associate dean of the college.
His research interests lie in strategic groups and business-level strategy implementation, firm resources and competitive advantage, strategic issues in health care organizations, diversification strategy, corporate governance and corporate board composition. His work has been published in many refereed journals, including Personnel Review, Management Decision, the Journal of Business Research and the International Journal of Sport Management, among others. He is a member of the Strategic Management Society, the Academy of Management and the Southern Management Association.
Marlin earned a PhD from Florida State University.
Enter toggled content here.
- Andrews, M., Segrest, S.L., Geiger, S., Marlin, D. & Martinez, P. (2020). Leapfrogging at work: Influencing Higher Levels in the Chain of Command. Personnel Review,
- Geiger, S., Marlin, D. & Segrest, S. (2018). Slack and performance in the hospital industry: a configurational approach. Management Decision,
- Luckett, M.G., Trocchia, P., Noel, N. & Marlin, D. (2017). A typology of students based on academic entitlement. Journal of Education for Business, 92(2), 96-102.
- Geiger, S. & Marlin, D.R. (2016). The impact of board size and female board representation on firm financial performance. Leadership Journal Critical Thinking Series, 2016(4),
- Marlin, D.R. & Geiger, S. (2015). A reexamination of the organizational slack and innovation relationship. Journal of Business Research, 68(12), 2683-2690.
- Marlin, D.R. & Geiger, S. (2015). The organizational slack and performance relationship: A configurational approach. Management Decision, 53(10), 2339-2355.
- Geiger, S. & Marlin, D.R. (2015). Job placement as a measure of organizational quality: The case of NCAA football conferences. International Journal of Sport Management, 16(2), 182-198.
- Marlin, D.R. (2014). Industry influences on organizational slack. Journal of Business and Economics Research, 12(1), 23-28.
- Ritchie, W., Fornaciari, C., Drew, S. & Marlin, D.R, (2013). Team culture and business strategy simulation performance. Journal of Management Education, 37(5), 601-622.
- Marlin, D.R., Geiger, S. & Ritchie, W.J. (2013). The hospital foundation strategy and performance relationship. Nonprofit Management and Leadership, 23(4), 427-441.
- Mousa, F., Marlin, D.R. & Ritchie, W.J. (2013). Configurations of slack and their performance implications: An examination of high-tech IPOs. Management Decision, 51(2), 225-247.
- Geiger, S. & Marlin, D.R. (2012). The relationship between organizational/board characteristics and the extent of female representation on corporate boards. Journal of Managerial Issues, 24(2), 157-172.
- Marlin, D.R. & Geiger, S. (2012). The composition of corporate boards of directors: Does industry matter?. Journal of Business and Economics Research, 10(3), 157-162.
- Marlin, D.R. & Geiger, S. (2011). The composition of corporate boards of directors: Pre-and post-Sarbanes-Oxley. Journal of Business and Economics Research, 9(2), 73-77.
Enter toggled content here.