Hemant Merchant is a professor of global business in the School of Marketing and Innovation. In late-2016, he was recognized with a Global Achievement award for "... outstanding contributions to [University of South Florida’s] mission to ensure student success in a global environment." Merchant teaches (or has taught) in graduate and executive programs at prestigious universities in Asia, Europe and North America and has earned or been nominated for eleven distinguished teaching awards.
Merchant is currently ranked as the 10th most prolific international management scholar in the world. His work has earned him eight research accolades (including five "best paper" awards) conferred by the Academy of International Business, the Academy of Management and the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada, all premier professional organizations.
Merchant earned a PhD from Purdue University-West Lafayette and an MBA from Clarion University.
- Blagoeva D, Jensen PO, Merchant H. (2020 "Services in International Business Studies: A Replication and Extension of Merchant and Gaur," (2008), Management International Review 60: 427-457; https://doi.org/10.1007/s11575-020-00417-8
- Zhang M, Merchant H. (2020) "A Causal Analysis of the Role of Institutions and Organizational Proficiencies on the Innovation Capability of Chinese SMEs," International Business Review 29(2): 1-13; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ibusrev.2019.101638
- Symeou P, Merchant H. (2019) "The Impact of Home-Country Conditions and Geographical Diversification on the Domestic Productivity of Telecom Multinational," A multi-country study, Multinational Business Review 27(4): 364-396
- Ghuman K, Merchant H. (2018) "Reconfiguring the Marketing Mix to Counter the Counterfeits in the Global Arena," Emerging Issues in Global Marketing: A Shifting Paradigm, Agarwal J, Wu T. (eds.). Springer Publishing, New York, USA. [Refereed book chapter]
- Merchant, H. (ed.) (2016) "Handbook of Contemporary Research on Emerging Markets. Elgar Publishing, London, UK.
- Consulting editor, Journal of International Business Studies
- Editor-in-chief, Journal of Asia Business Studies