Carter Morgan is an assistant professor in the School of Marketing and Innovation. He joined the faculty in August 2019 after graduating from the University of Miami in the spring. He taught courses in market analysis at the University of Miami and was named Outstanding PhD Student at the Miami Business School in 2018. He also was named the American Marketing Association’s Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow in 2016 and is the recipient of the University of Miami Fellowship Award in 2014.
His research interests lie in consumer identity, downstream consequences of choice architecture and consumer response to online information. He has manuscripts under review with several publications, including the Journal of Consumer Research, the Journal of Marketing and the Journal of Business Research.
Morgan earned a PhD in marketing from the University of Miami and a bachelor’s degree in international studies and history from the University of Richmond.
- MAR 6936 - Social Media Marketing
- Morgan, Carter and Claudia Townsend, (2018), “After the Nudge: How and Why Defaults Make Us Feel Distinct,” presented in a special session at the Society for Consumer Psychology winter conference, Dallas, Texas.
- Morgan, Carter, Tatiana Fajardo, and Claudia Townsend, (2017), “Say It or Show It: Text versus Image Brand Logos and the Development of the Consumer Brand Relationship,” presented in a special session at the Association of Consumer Research North America Conference, San Diego, California.
- Morgan, Carter and Keri L. Kettle, (2016), “Identity Agency Profiles,” presented at the Society for Consumer Psychology winter conference, St. Petersburg Beach, Florida.
- Morgan, Carter and Keri L. Kettle, (2015), “The Role of Agency in Consumer Identity Expression,” presented at the 36th Annual Society for Judgement and Decision Making Conference, Chicago, Illinois.
- Morgan, Carter and Keri L. Kettle, (2015), “Not All Identities Are Created Equal: The Effect of Identity Origin on Identity-Relevant Behavior,” presented at the Association for Consumer Research North American Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Reviewer, Association for Consumer Research, 2015-present
- Reviewer, Society for Consumer Psychology, winter conference, 2016
- Lab manager, University of Miami ‘CANES Marketing Behavioral Lab, 2017-18