Ron Satterfield is an award-winning instructor in the School of Information Systems and Management, teaching courses in statistics, statistical programming, operations management and process improvement. His courses are spread through the undergraduate, MBA, Executive MBA, MS in Business Analytics and Information Systems and Doctorate of Business Administration programs. Students from other colleges at USF also seek out his courses to fulfill requirements for analytics within their majors.
For many years Satterfield has used live-instruction, online and blended model methods to serve both full-time students and working professionals. He also has taught in specialized certificate programs in business analytics offered to corporate interests by the Muma College of Business. His research focuses on process improvement, facility location, innovative methods for strategic planning, and the valuation of a culture of innovation in large companies. Satterfield has been profiled by Florida Trend magazine as being among the best MBA professors in Florida. He joined USF in 1993 after several years of university-level teaching experience. His consulting background involves supply chain and analytics problems in a range of industries including health care delivery, municipal and financial services, industrial and consumer products, and retail grocery. In addition to his teaching Satterfield is also the academic director of the Executive MS in Business Analytics and Information Systems program serving mid-career IT professionals with analytics education. He is a board member of the USF Federal Credit Union, a $900 million financial institution with 65,000 members.
Satterfield earned a PhD in operations management from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University and an MBA and bachelor's degree in operations management from Eastern Illinois University.
- QMB 2100 - Statistics for Business and Economics I
- ISM 3431 - Operations and Supply Chain Processes
- QMB 6603 - Operations Management and Quality Enhancement (MBA and EMBA Programs)
- QMB 6305 - Managerial Decision Analysis
- QMB 6304 - Analytical Methods for Business
- GEB 6527 - Lean Six Sigma (MBA and EMBA Programs)
- Board member, USF Federal Credit Union, a $900 million financial institution serving more than 65,000 members across the United States
- Chair, IT Committee, USF Federal Credit Union
- Past chair, Supervisory Committee, USF Federal Credit Union
- Instructor, process improvement to physicians and other health care professionals
- Instructor, corporate and governmental organizations in training in Lean, Six Sigma, process improvement, and general analytics