Shivendu Shivendu is an associate professor of information systems and PhD program coordinator in the School of Information Systems and Management. He has created and taught undergraduate, MBA, master's and doctoral courses in areas related to economics of information systems, blockchain technology, FinTech, IT strategy and the design of information systems. He is the principal investigator on the prestigious White House initiated Federal TechHire grant of $600,000. He is the co-organizer of the annual "State of the Region" conference held Tampa, an event that draws hundreds to learn more about how the region compares to other metropolitan areas in key areas such an unemployment, income inequality, economic growth and educational attainment.
Shivendu's research focuses on the emerging business and policy issues at the intersection of technology, economics and public policy. He employs analytical, empirical and experimental methods to study technology mediated business models, economics of digitization of information, pricing of digital goods including content pricing in dual mediums, sourcing of IT services, security and privacy in big data, business challenges of cloud adoption, health IT and technology policy. His work has been published in information systems journals including Management Science, Information Systems Research, the Journal of Management Information Systems, and Information Technology Management. His research papers have won many best-paper awards in conferences.
He earned a PhD and a master's degree in economics from University of Southern California, Los Angeles, an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad; and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur;
- Advanced Systems Analysis and Design
- Enterprise Information Systems
- Blockchain Technology and FinTech
- Choudhary, V., and Shivendu, S., (2017),"Targeted Couponing in Online Auctions," Information Systems Research, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 490-510.
- Shivendu, S., and Zhang, J., (2015),"Versioning in Software Industry: Heterogeneous Disutility from Under-Provisioning of Functionality," Information Systems Research, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 731-753.
- Chellappa, R.K., and Shivendu, S., (2010), "Incentive Design for "Free" but "No Free Disposal" Services: The Case of Personalization under Privacy Concerns," Management Science, Vol. 56, No. 10, pp. 1766-1780.
- Chellappa, R.K., and Shivendu, S., (2005), "Managing Piracy: Pricing and Sampling Strategies for Digital Experience Goods in Vertically Segmented Markets," Information Systems Research, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 400–417.
- Member, several organizing committees including CIST-INFORMS, 2015; Teis, 2016; and program committees of several other academic conferences
- Associate editor, International Conference on Informaton Systems, 2012
- Research seminar coordinator, ISDS Department, 2015-present
- Keynote speaker, 2012 Conference of IIM Americas, San Mateo, California