Room: CIS 2069
Phone: (813) 974-1766
Logan Steele is an assistant professor in the School of Information Systems and Management at the Muma College of Business. He joined USF in 2017.
His research focuses primarily on the intersection of innovation and leadership. He also examines how people successfully or unsuccessfully navigate ethical dilemmas in the workplace. Within these areas, a few of the research questions he's been working to answer include (a) what work conditions should managers create to foster employees' interest in exploring new ideas, (b) when are managers most helpful in facilitating the creative work of their employees and when is their influence irrelevant, and (c) how do senior leaders' well-intended inspirational appeals go awry? In exploring these and related areas, he has been published in Academy of Management Review, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Management, The Leadership Quarterly and Journal of Business Ethics
Steele earned a PhD and a master's degree in industrial and organizational psychology from the University of Oklahoma and a bachelor's degree in psychology from Whitworth University.
- MAN 4282 Organizational Assessment
- MAN 6950 Capstone
- Steele, L. M., & Lovelace, J. B. (in press). Organizational underdog narratives: The cultivation and consequences of a collective underdog identity. Academy of Management Review. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.2019.0336
- Steele, L. M., Pindek, S., & Margalit, O. (in press). The advantage of disadvantage: Is ADHD associated with idea generation at work?. Creativity Research Journal. https://doi.org/10.1080/10400419.2021.1916368
- Watts, L. L., Steele, L. M., & den Hartog, D. N. (2020). Uncertainty avoidance moderates the relationship between transformational leadership and innovation: A meta-analysis. Journal of International Business Studies, 51(1), 138-145. https://doi.org/10.1057/s41267-019-00242-8
- Hardy III, J. H., Day, E. A., & Steele, L. M. (2019). Interrelationships among self-regulatory processes: Toward a dynamic process-based model of self-regulated learning. Journal of Management, 45(8), 3146-3177. https://doi.org/10.1177/0149206318780440
- Editorial board member: Human Performance, Creativity Research Journal
- Member, SIOP Visibility Committee, 2016-19
- Ad hoc reviewer, Academy of Management Review, Journal of Business Research, The Leadership Quarterly, Personality and Individual Differences, Journal of Creative Behavior