Mark Taylor is the director of the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy. He began his duties over the summer of 2019, coming from the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland. There, Taylor was the department chair and accounting professor.
He had been with Case Western Reserve University since 2009 and was the Andrew D. Braden Professor of Accounting and Auditing, teaching courses in corporate governance and auditing assurance areas. He is the past president of the Auditing Section of the American Accounting Association and he also has served on the Auditing Section Executive Committee.
For three years, he was on the Senior Technical Committee of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Auditing Standards Board. He also is the audit committee chair and independent trustee on three investment company trusts and has had research sponsored by the Center for Audit Quality twice in the past three years.
Taylor earned a doctorate from the Eller School of Business at the University of Arizona and a master’s degree in accounting from Brigham Young University’s Marriott School of Management.
- Glover, S.M., Taylor, M.H., Wu, Y. (2017). In Jeffrey R. Cohen (Ed.). “Current Practices and Challenges in Auditing Fair Value Measurements and other Complex Estimates: Implications for Auditing Standards and the Academy,” Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory 36 (1): 63-84.
- Taylor, M.H., DeZoort, F.T. (2016). In Pamela Rousch (Ed.). “A Public Interest View of Auditor Independence: Moving Beyond Auditor Independence in Considering and Promoting Audit Quality,” American Accounting Association 15 (1): 53-63.
- Tuttle, B., Taylor, M.H., Wu, Y. (2014). “Overcoming the Reluctance to Convey Negative Information During an Information System Pre-Implementation Review,” Journal of Information Systems 28 (2): 103-125.
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, 2006 - Present
- Accounting Behavior and Organizations Section of the American Accounting Association, 1994 - Present
- American Accounting Association, 1994 - Present
- Auditing Section of the American Accounting Association, 1994 - Present
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 1994 - Present
- Officer, Vice President, American Accounting Association, Sarasota, 2017 - present