Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
The Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management, led by the School of Hospitality & Tourism Management prepares graduates for global leadership positions in the hospitality industry through foundational knowledge of hospitality operations and experiences that develop critical thinkers who promote diversity, ethical responsibility, lifelong learning, and community engagement.
A degree in hospitality management provides the basis for a leadership position in the top hotels, resorts, airlines, cruise companies, theme parks, restaurants, private clubs and tourist attractions in the world.
Upon graduation, Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management students in the Hospitality Management Program will be able to do the following:
- Identify and apply the knowledge and skills necessary for hospitality and tourism operations.
- Develop and integrate a core set of business skills necessary to successfully operate a hospitality and tourism organization.
- Demonstrate competence in the communication skills necessary for hospitality and tourism management.
- Formulate business decisions in hospitality and tourism management.
- Evaluate leadership principles necessary in the diverse and global hospitality and tourism industry.
Invest in your Future
- Opportunity to enroll in business courses
- Cheapest out of state tuition in Florida
- Internship Opportunities
- Research Opportunities
In addition to the AACSB accreditation at the college, the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA), a specialized accrediting body. more info…
The School of Hospitality and Tourism Management undergraduate program placement rate from 2020-2021 was 75%.
The School of Hospitality and Tourism Management undergraduate program student retention rate from 2019-2020 was 73%.
What Makes Us Different
- Go beyond the sole focus of hotel and operations and branch out in so many different ways
- Experiential learning
- ite visits with our local professional partners
- Our professional partnerships with Aramark and McKibbon hospitality and many more hospitality entities in the Tampa Bay area
- Research and Industry experienced professors, we will support your future career with guidance and resources
The School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at the University of South Florida provides quality education in hospitality management by creating an intellectual, collaborative, ethical and inclusive environment for students, faculty, industry and the community to produce innovative educational, leadership and research opportunities.