Certificate in Sales
USF's Sales Certificate is designed for non-business majors. The Sales Certificate is ideal for students in STEM disciplines such as engineering, computer science, or biomedical studies. The key benefit from this specialized area of study is attaining advanced professional sales instruction. This development of skills and knowledge is critical for professionals to be successful in sales or business careers. This recognition of the student's achievements in professional sales can help them fast-track their career, improve their current job performance, or open new career opportunities.
There are no prerequisites to begin the certificate. Students begin with Basic Marketing and the progress to Professional Selling followed by Promotion Management and ending with Sales Management. Some courses are available online.
Typical course sequencing
- MAR 3023 Basic Marketing
- MAR 3400 Professional Selling
- MAR 4333 Promotion Management
- MAR 4403 Sales Management (MAR 3400 is a prerequisite)
Other important notes
- All 12 of the required credit hours for this program must be taken at USF Tampa.
- This is not a second degree nor a business minor; this is a certificate program and will be reflected as such on the student transcripts.
- A 2.0 or better GPA must be achieved in the certificate coursework with a grade of C not C- in all courses. Courses may not be taken on a S/U basis.
- Requirements for non USF students to apply for certificate program
- 60 credit hours of college course credit
- College course credit GPA requirements: minimum 2.0 GPA from a Florida state or community college, Florida SUS program, or a minimum 2.5 GPA from all other colleges/universities.
- Minimum grade to receive a business certificate
- To receive a certificate student must achieve a 2.0 or better in each certificate course