There are a number of resources at the university level for faculty support, ranging from the Digital Learning Live Support team (where experts respond live to questions related to Canvas, MS Teams or any digital learning solution) to toolkits created by the Academic Continuity unit. At the college level, the Muma College of Business Teaching Academy puts together workshops and seminars to help faculty stay current on teaching trends and support a culture of teaching and collaboration across the six schools that comprise the Muma College of Business.
Similarly, USF Research and Innovation has numerous university-wide resources for inventors, researchers, and research administrators including tools, forms, policies, and reports. At the college level, the Muma College of Business has a unit research administrator who helps faculty find opportunities for funded research, the preparation and submission of competitive proposals and the management of awarded grants.
The mission of the Muma College of Business Teaching Academy is to promote, recognize, and support excellence in teaching and learning. Its goals are to:
- Support a culture of teaching collegiality and collaboration within the college
- Advance quality teaching and learning Foster and support educational innovation
- Promote educational research
- Provide mentorship and guidance for graduate students, new faculty, and others seeking teaching support
- Collaborate and develop synergies with CITL
- Advocate for a more robust evaluation of teaching effectiveness in the annual evaluations
The Muma Research Office provides guidance and services for all research aspirations involving both internal and external funding agencies. We work with federal, state and private organizations as well as USF internal award programs throughout all campuses.