Honors and Awards Council
The Honors and Awards Council (HAC) advises the Provost and the Senior Vice President for USF Health or their designees on matters regarding the provision of various academic honors and awards granted by the USF. HAC is responsible for conveying to the Faculty Senate, the Provost and President the names it recommends to receive various academic honors and awards granted by or through the University of South Florida.
The Council will receive and evaluate nominations which normally originate from the university community.
These will include:
- Askounes Ashford Distinguished Scholar Award
- Distinguished Service Award
- Excellence in Research Award (Pre-tenure and Tenured)
- Honorary Degree
- Kosove Distinguished Teaching and Service Award (Graduate and Undergraduate)
- Krivanek Distinguished Teacher Award
Other honors and awards that may be established in the future and granted to members of the university community.
Award recipients are recognized annually at the Faculty Honors and Awards Reception hosted by the Office of the Provost, with the exception of Honorary Degrees which are awarded at Commencement.
A list of past award winners can be found here.