This is the privacy notice of USF Innovative Education. In this document, "we", "our", or "us" refer to USF Innovative Education.
- This is a notice to inform you of our notice about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you ("personal information") and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, "process" means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope you reciprocate.
- Our notice complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regard to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at Know Your Privacy Rights. and/or the CCPA Fact Sheet.
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
THE BASES ON WHICH WE PROCESS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different
categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant, we
shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes, if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
1. INFORMATION WE PROCESS WITH YOUR CONSENT
Through certain actions, such as when you browse our website or submit a request for more information, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by email to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists
1.1 REMOVING CONSENT TO PROCESS AND STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to revoke consent to process and store your personal information. To withdraw your consent at any time simply email email@example.com.
1.2 REMOVING CONSENT TO COMMUNICATE
You have the right to revoke consent to communicate with you, which is also known as unsubscribing. To withdraw your consent at any time simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or click the unsubscribe link contained in any of our emails.
2. INFORMATION WE PROCESS FOR THE PURPOSES OF LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so. Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
- Whether the same objective could be achieved through other means.
- Whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm.
- Whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so.
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- Record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our website.
- Responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response.
- Protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party.
- Insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage website risk.
- Protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so.
3. INFORMATION WE PROCESS BECAUSE WE HAVE A LEGAL OBLIGATION
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorization such as a search warrant or court order.
This may include your personal information.
SPECIFIC USES OF INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
4. SENDING A MESSAGE TO OUR SUPPORT TEAM
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our website.
We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint.
If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATED SYSTEMS WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE
Cookies are text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalized experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
6.1 THE COOKIES WE SET
When you visit our website, you will be prompted by a banner requesting permission to allow cookies on your computer. By accepting, cookies may be set to remember you, to improve and customize your browsing experience and for analytics and metrics.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way the site
is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may
be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience when on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimizations our users appreciate the most.
- To track how you use our website.
- To record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website.
- To record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team.
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
6.2 THIRD PARTY COOKIES
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- The Google Ads services we use to advertise uses a cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times a given ad is shown to you. For more information on Google Ads see the official Google Ads Cookie Definition.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
7. PERSONAL IDENTIFIERS FROM YOUR BROWSING ACTIVITY
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally.
8. OUR USE OF REMARKETING
Remarketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse our website in order to be able to serve to you an advertisement for our products or services when you visit some other website.
DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
9. INFORMATION WE OBTAIN FROM THIRD PARTIES
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use.
No such information is personally identifiable to you.
10. DATA WILL BE PROCESSED OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
Our websites are hosted in the United States of America. We are processing and storing your personal information in compliance with the EU GDPR.
ACCESS TO YOUR OWN INFORMATION
11. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At any time, you may review or update personally identifiable information we hold about you, by submitting a request to email@example.com.
After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
12. REMOVAL OF YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to request your information is erased. This right is known as the right for erasure. If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information we hold about you, simply submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This may limit the service we can provide to you.
13. VERIFICATION OF YOUR INFORMATION
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we will first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
14. USE OF SITE BY CHILDREN
We collect data about all users of and visitors to these areas regardless of age, and we anticipate that some of those users and visitors will be children.
Such child users and visitors will inevitably visit other parts of the site and will be subject to whatever on-site marketing they find, wherever they visit.
15. ENCRYPTION OF DATA SENT BETWEEN US
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser's URL bar or toolbar.
16. HOW YOU CAN COMPLAIN
If you are not happy with our privacy notice or if have any complaint, you should tell us by email. You can do this by sending an email to email@example.com.
17. RETENTION PERIOD FOR PERSONAL DATA
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- To provide you with the services you have requested;
- To comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- To support a claim or defense in court.
18. COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW
Our privacy notice has been compiled so as to comply with the law of every country or legal jurisdiction in which we aim to do business. If you think it fails to satisfy the law of your jurisdiction, we should like to hear from you.
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
19. REVIEW OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.
If you have any question regarding our privacy notice, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.