Orientation is a two-day experience for First Year USF students. Students attending our Summer/Fall sessions will stay overnight in an on-campus residence hall. For students attending our last Summer/Fall session or our Spring session, there is not an overnight requirement. Students who plan to live on campus, and are attending our last Summer/Fall session or our Spring session, can move into their residence hall room prior to Orientation by submitting the Housing Early Arrival Form, located in their housing portal.
For our First Year students staying overnight in the residence halls, we've prepared the below packing lists to help you prepare for Orientation. When you arrive to campus, please bring all of your packed items with you to check in.
Your Overnight Stay (Summer/Fall Only)
- Twin sheets & blanket or sleeping bag
- Bath towel
- Comfortable clothes for both days
- Sneakers if you want to participate in sports at Campus Rec
- Toiletries and personal hygiene items (shampoo, soap/body wash, etc.)
- Cell phone charger
- Water bottle
- Small snacks for late night
Items for Orientation
- State-issued photo ID or passport
- Your e-confirmation packet & parking permit
- NetID, password and U#
- Copy of your unofficial transcripts (if possible)
- Forms you haven't yet submitted to campus office (USF ID application, immunization history, proof of residency)
- A hoodie, jacket or sweater (students often get cold inside)
- Spending money (if you want to buy USF gear at the Bookstore)
- An umbrella
STUDENT APPEARANCE STATEMENT
Students are asked to dress in such a manner that is respectful of others, appropriate for the situation, and promotes a positive learning environment.